Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Nursing Care Plan: Fatigue related to decreased oxygen supply, inadequate tissue oxygenation, sleep deprivation, poor physical condition.

Scientific Basis:

Fatigue is a subjective complaint with both acute and chronic illnesses. In acute illness, fatigue may have a protective function that keeps the persons from sustaining injury from overwork in a weakened condition. As a common symptom, fatigue is associated with a variety of physical and psychological conditions. The patient with a chronic illness experiencing fatigue may be unable to work full-time and maintain acceptance performance on the job. The economic impact on the individual and the family can be significant. The social effects of fatigue occur as the person decreases his participation in social activities.

Feelings of discomfort will enable the tissue to respond to the stimulation that normally cause the muscle to constrict and fatigue is felt to restore energy. Inadequate nutrition intake, abnormal fluid and electrolyte status, and metabolic demands may all contribute to this problem.

One of the ways on how body compensates for tissue hypoxia is to increase cardiac output with achieved by increase HR and increase stroke volume to meet oxygen demands of the tissues. Hence, increase cardiac workload, increases body activity causing fatigue.

Monahan, 2007; Neal, et al, 2004; Black and Hawks, 2005; Gulanick, 2007


Intervention and Rationale

I: Monitor physiological response to activity like changes in blood pressure (BP) heart rate (HR), or respiratory rate (RR)
R: Tolerance varies greatly, depending on the stage of their disease process, nutritional state and fluid balance.

I: Assess the client’s emotional response to fatigue, sleep patterns and other factors that may be aggravating fatigue
R: Recognition of the onset of fatigue assists the patient to maximize the benefits of resting periods.

I: Assess nutritional intake of calories, protein, minerals, and vitamins.
R: Fatigue may be a symptom of protein-calorie malnutrition, vitamin deficiencies, or iron deficiencies.

I: Assess the client’s ability to perform activities of daily living (ADL).
R: Fatigue can limit the person’s ability to participate in self-care and perform his role responsibilities in the family or society.

I: Established realistic activity goals with the patient.
R: Provides a sense of control and feelings of accomplishment.

I: Assist with sitting up, or ambulation; keep bed in low position and clear pathways of furniture.
R: Frequent rest periods are needed to restore/ conserve energy. Planning allows client to be active during times when energy level is higher, which may restore a feeling of well-being and a sense of control.

I: Encourage client to do whatever is possible like self-care, sitting up on bed/chair, walking. Increase activity level as indicated.
R: Increase strength/ stamina and enables client to become more active without undue fatigue.

I: Provide passive/ active ROM exercises to client.
R: Development of healthy lean muscle mass depends on provision of isotonic and isometric exercises.

I: Assist with self-care needs as necessary.
R: Generalized weakness may make ADLs almost impossible for client to complete.

I: Identify energy conservation techniques, e.g., sitting, breaking ADLs into manageable segments. Keep travel ways clear of furniture. Provide and assist with ambulation/self-care needs.
R: Weakness may make ADLs almost impossible for client to complete. Protects client from injury during activities.

I: Limit client’s scheduled activities and provided frequent rest periods and provides conducive environment for adequate sleep and rest, plan nursing care in segments with adequate time for undisturbed rest and instructed client on relaxation techniques (deep breathing).
R: Good relaxation skills assist the client to maximize the benefits of resting periods

I: Plan and provided rest periods between activities.
R: To provide adequate rest and reduce unnecessary energy expenditure.

I: Instruct in stress management techniques, e.g., breathing exercises, visualization, music and light therapy.
R: Reduction of stress factors in patient’s life can minimize energy output.

I: Establish realistic activity goals with the client.
R: Enhances commitment to promoting optimal outcomes.

I: Provide environment conducive to relief of fatigue.
R: Temperature and level of humidity are known to affect exhaustion.

I: Teach the client and family task organization techniques and time management.
R: Organization and time management can help the client conserve energy and prevalent fatigue.

I: Encourage the client and family to verbalize feelings about the impact of fatigue.
R: Fatigue can have a profound negative influence on family processes and social interaction.

Doenges, et al, 2008; Gulanick, 2007; Kruse, et al, 2003

1 comment:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete